MCU college credit courses are available through our Continuing Education Program. You might want to enroll as a continuing education student if:
- You want to take a few classes but do not want to be obligated to a degree program.
- You wish to supplement your education or obtain CEUs.
- You want to discover if distance education is right for you before you apply to an MCU degree program.
To enroll in continuing education classes for college credit, please click here to register during the open enrollment period for the term in which you are applying.
Trimester course registration for non-matriculating students will be available during weeks four (4) through the end of the term BEFORE the trimester you wish to enroll. (For example: If you wish to enroll in Summer Trimester courses, you must register during weeks four (4) through the end of Winter Trimester). To view available courses, please review the course descriptions in the MCU Student Handbook.
On the first day of the trimester, you will receive an invitation to Canvas (MCU’s learning management system) via the email you used to create your MCU Student Account. Please accept the Canvas invitation in order to assure that you can begin your class(es) the first day of the trimester.
To purchase any available courses, login to your MCU student account during the enrollment period and complete the following steps:
- Click the “Purchase Cont. Ed Classes” link, located in the Student menu in the sidebar and choose your desired course.
- Complete the payment process. The cost is $325 per credit.
- Your course will automatically be activated for you on the first day of the trimester.
If you are an MCU preceptor applying for tuition waiver benefit, please click here.
|Trimester Enrollment Dates||Continuing Education Registration Open||Classes Begin||Classes End|
|Fall 2020||May 26, 2020-Aug 14, 2020||Aug 31, 2020||Dec 11, 2020|
|Winter 2021||Sept 21, 2020-Dec 11, 2020||Jan 11, 2021||April 23, 2021|
|Summer 2021||Feb 1, 2021-April 23, 2021||May 10, 2021||Aug 20, 2021|
Note: If a student is seeking a degree in midwifery, she/he must enroll in the degree program. If a student has taken some continuing education classes and decides to enroll in a degree program, equivalent continuing education classes can possibly be used toward meeting the degree requirements.