MCU credit courses are available through our Continuing Education Program. You might want to enroll as a continuing education student if:
- You want to take a few classes but do not want to be obligated to a degree program.
- You wish to supplement your education or obtain CEUs.
- You want to discover if distance education is right for you before you apply to an MCU degree program.
Semester course registration, for non-matriculating students, will be available during the first three weeks of the second month of the semester BEFORE you wish to enroll. (For example: If you wish to enroll in winter courses, you must register within the first three weeks of October for January enrollment. To view available courses, please review the course descriptions in the MCU Student Handbook. To enroll in continuing education classes for college credit please click here to register during the open enrollment period for the semester in which you are applying.
On the first day of the semester, you will receive an invitation to Canvas (MCU’s learning management system) via the email you used to create your MCU Student Account. Please accept the Canvas invitation in order to assure that you can begin your class(es) the first day of the semester.
To purchase any available courses, login to your MCU student account within the first three weeks of the second month of the semester BEFORE you wish to enroll and complete the following steps:
- Click the “Purchase Cont. Ed Classes” link, located in the Student menu in the sidebar and choose your desired course.
- Complete the payment process.
- Your course will automatically be activated for you the first day of the semester.
If you are an MCU preceptor applying for tuition waiver benefit, please click here.
|Semester Enrollment Dates||Continuing Education Registration Open||Classes Begin||Classes End|
|Fall 2017||June 1-21, 2017||Sept 5, 2017||Dec 15, 2017|
|Winter 2018||Oct 2-20, 2017||Jan 8, 2018||Apr 20, 2018|
|Summer 2018||Jan 29-Feb 23, 2018||May 7, 2018||Aug 17, 2018|
|Fall 2018||May 28-June 22, 2018||Sept 4, 2018||Dec 14, 2018|
Note: If a student is seeking a degree in midwifery, she/he must enroll in the degree program. If a student has taken some continuing education classes and decides to enroll in a degree program, equivalent continuing education classes can be used toward meeting the degree requirements.