Become a Midwife of Excellence℠!
PLEASE NOTE: The undergraduate and graduate application deadline is November 2, 2020 for Summer Trimester 2021. Click here to begin the application process for the BSM or MSM
We’re so thrilled that you are considering your options for midwifery education at Midwives College of Utah! Are you answering the call to resolve the current care crisis for childbearing families in the United States? MCU is proud to “midwife midwives” to become leaders in the midwifery field and make a difference in their communities.
The educational experience at MCU is designed to cultivate intellectual curiosity, spark passion, and expand future professional options for aspiring midwives who want to become a Certified Professional Midwife (CPM). CPMs practice the Midwives Model of Care* in community-based settings, including attending home births, birth center births, and providing reproductive and wellness care in midwifery offices and clinics.
You can become a Midwife of Excellence℠ by completing academic courses in an online-learning setting and working with midwives in your community to complete the hands-on training necessary to learn the art and science of midwifery.
We invite you to explore our website and learn more about:
- Our Bachelor’s and Master’s programs;
- The MCU mission;
- Our dynamic and engaged learning community;
- Our commitment to social justice, access, and equity;
- Options for Continuing Education with MCU;
- Personal coaching offered throughout the program from enthusiastic and experienced House Mentors;
- Manageable payment options and federal financial aid;
- Holistic, evidence-based curriculum which includes traditional midwifery arts, business instruction, and life skills.
If you have questions about the Bachelor’s of Science in Midwifery program options, please contact MCU Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-649-5230 ext. 814.
If you have questions about the Master’s of Science in Midwifery program, please contact the MCU Graduate Dean at email@example.com.
We look forward to connecting with you!
*Midwives Model of Care: Copyright (c) 1996-2018, Midwifery Task Force, Inc., All Rights Reserved.