- How do I register for the conference?
Conference registration is completed right on the schedule which can be found here.
- I am a student. What do I need to know before registering?
- Who can attend the conference?
Anyone is welcome to attend. Our attendees are typically MCU students, midwife professionals, parents, doulas, and anyone in the midwifery community.
- What are the conference costs?
The actual workshops vary in pricing depending on the length of the workshop, supplies and other factors.
- What is included in the cost of registration? Are meals provided?
Full day conference workshops include lunch and a morning and afternoon snack. Half day workshops, or shorter workshops do not include lunch. Please inform the conference director of any food allergies or dietary restrictions at the time of registration. Salt Lake City has a vast array of wonderful restaurants, along with local stores and shops.
- How does the Installment Payment Option work?
If you choose to pay by Installments, please view the terms here prior to registering. When you are ready to register, click on the deposit option for the workshop and add to your bag. You are solely responsible for the rest of your payments. To pay an additional installment, go back to the registration page, add the installment payment you are making to your bag and continue. If you have any questions or unsure of how many payments are left, please contact the Conference Director, Masha Mesyef, at email@example.com
- How do I find a roommate?
Send an email to the student Facebook group, put a post on the MCU Facebook page, send an email to the student body through the MCU messaging system, or ask your fellow students in your house or Peer Circle.
- Where does the conference take place?
The April conference will take place at the Miller Conference and Event Center in Sandy, Utah. It is conveniently located just 15 minutes south of Salt Lake City, UT.
- How long does the conference last?
The upcoming Spring Conference begins Monday, April 20, 2020 and continues through Saturday, April 26, 2020.
- Do I have to attend every session or stay for the full period?
You are welcome to register for as many or as few workshops as you please.
- How long do the workshops last? And what time will the begin and end? Registration and morning welcome at 8:30 am; 15-30 minutes long; Workshops are from 9 am-1 pm; lunch 1-2; 2-6pm; Full day workshops are 9-6 with 1hr break for lunch (can sometimes end early).
- What are the registration deadlines and cancellation policies?
he deadline to register for the conference is April 15, 2019. The Early Registration Deadline is March 8, 2019.
If a student, because of extenuating circumstances, needs to cancel conference attendance and notifies MCU:
Before the registration deadline, they will be refunded 100% of the conference fee.
After the conference registration deadline, they will be refunded 25% of the conference fee.
After the conference registration deadline having used the Installment Payment Option, they will be refunded any installments minus the $20 deposit per workshop.
- Where do I stay during the conference?Accommodations are the responsibility of the attendee. We have negotiated a group rate with the Hyatt House which offers a free shuttle service to the conference center.
Additional options are available through vacation homes, where individuals can connect and rent a home or apartment. Two such sites are www.vrbo.com and www.airbnb.com.
- What supplies am I responsible for? Is there anything I need to bring to conference?
You will be notified beforehand for any workshops which require bringing supplies. For the most part, you are not required to bring any special equipment and should only bring what you believe is necessary to enjoy the conference experience.
- Can I park at the Facility? How do I get there?
Parking is available on-site at the Conference Center. There are also a number of cab companies as well as high quality public transportation options available throughout much of the Salt Lake Valley;
City Wide Shuttle: 801-887-7792
Yellow Cab: 801-783-3563
City Cab: 801-363-5550
UTA Trax: The Utah Transit Authority, UTA, provides a TRAX light rail system that runs all over Salt Lake City, including from the airport to Salt Lake City. They also offer a fare free area in downtown Salt Lake City, and there are several free park & ride lots near the Trax stations.
The UTA Lightrail Trax and FrontRunner systems are wonderful for anyone looking to get around town.
- Can I bring my baby to conference sessions?
You are welcome to bring someone with you to care for your baby; your caregiver can bring your baby into the classroom for feedings. Along with MCU classes, there are other groups at the center holding sessions. If your child is crying or would otherwise disturb those in session, your baby’s caregiver will need to take your baby outside of the center in order to assure that we do not disturb the quiet working environment.
- What is the photography policy?
Skill Suites by MCU is a sponsored event. Photos will be taken and potentially shared in various ways. View the policy here.
- How do I register for the conference?