MCU is proud to be a leader in midwifery education, offering unique degree programs that meet and exceed MEAC and ICM requirements. Our educational pathway is designed to cultivate intellectual curiosity, spark passion, and expand future professional options as the CPM credential expands.
- A Meac-accredited education with degree options
- Pathway to the CPM designation
- Exceptional online education model
- Approved by Utah to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of post-secondary education.
- Technology resources used to build connection and communication
- Manageable payment options and availability of federal financial aid
- Personal coaching throughout program
- Holistic, evidence-based curriculum which includes traditional midwifery arts, business instruction and life skills
- Optional on-campus learning intensives
- Over the last three years, 100% of MCU graduates who sat for the NARM exam have passed
- Eighty one percent of our graduates are working as midwives and 31% are working in a birth-related field.
- Life experience credit available
- Support from a tight-knit student community
- Continuing education for current CPMs
Midwives College of Utah (MCU) provides an educational structure and an integrated learning environment for individuals to become midwives of technical expertise, professional excellence, and personal greatness—namely Midwives of Excellence.
MCU’s culture is inspired by the Midwives Model of Care, reflecting philosophies, skills and behavior in both the way we model and train our students. What we teach and how we teach exemplifies what it means to be a midwife of excellence who is self-actualized and values courageous conversations and relationships built upon honesty and trust. MCU delivers a Midwifery Model of Education; ultimately midwifing midwives through their educational journey and beyond.