MCU is proud to be a leader in midwifery education, offering two midwifery degree programs that meet and exceed the Midwifery Education Accreditation Council’s (MEAC) and the International Confederation of Midwives (ICM) requirements. Our educational pathway is designed to cultivate intellectual curiosity, spark passion, and expand future professional options as the Certified Professional Midwife (CPM) helps to resolve the current care crisis for childbearing families in the United States.
The Midwives College of Utah is:
- A MEAC-accredited education with two degree options
- Pathway to the CPM designation
- An exceptional online education model
- Approved by Utah to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of post-secondary education.
- Technology resources used to build connection and communication
- Manageable payment options and availability of federal financial aid
- Personal coaching throughout the program from personal house mentors
- Holistic, evidence-based curriculum which includes traditional midwifery arts, business instruction, and life skills
- Optional on-campus learning intensives
- Over the last three years, 100% of MCU graduates who sat for the NARM exam have passed
- Eighty-one percent of our graduates are working as midwives and 31% are working in a birth-related field.
- Life experience credit available
- Support from a tight-knit student community
- Continuing education for current CPMs
Click here to learn more about the importance of accreditation, state authorization, SARA approval, and MEAC’s alignment with the International Confederation of Midwives.
Midwives College of Utah (MCU) provides an educational structure and an integrated learning environment for individuals to become midwives of technical expertise, professional excellence, and personal greatness—namely Midwives of Excellence℠.
Students are individually supported by the MCU House Mentor program whose mission is to support the development of Midwives of Excellence℠ by fostering a unique house culture of connection that promotes personal and professional peer bonding; by providing each student continuity of care through progress monitoring and coaching; and committing to personal transformation with special attention to The Outward Mindset, Crucial Conversations, and Crucial Accountability.
MCU’s culture is inspired by the Midwives Model of Care, reflecting philosophies, skills, and behavior in both the way we model and train our students. We believe in midwifing midwives through their educational journey and beyond. What we teach and how we teach exemplifies what it means to be a midwife of excellence who is self-actualized and values courageous conversations and relationships built upon honesty and trust.